Samsung introduced built-in wireless (or rather inductive) charging capability with the Galaxy S6 a year ago, and made strides into making it nearly as quick as true wired charging by launching the fast wireless charger when the Note5 and Galaxy S6 edge+ came out last fall.
Well, the Galaxy S7 range won't be missing the feature either, judging by a listing on a UK retailer's website. Clove's brief description of the accessory mentions that it's optimized for the upcoming Galaxy S7/S7 edge but will also be compatible with other smartphones complying to the Qi standard.
And it's all fine and dandy, but the pictures show the existing Wireless Charging Pad mini, which has been available for a while now. The listing is clearly just a placeholder at the time, and it also doesn't seem too likely that Clove will give you a pound to pick up a charging pad, as the -£1.00 price suggests.
The good bit is that Samsung isn't abandoning useful features (like the microSD slot and removable battery it scrapped with the Galaxy S6 generation) this time around. Wireless charging, coupled with the alleged 2-day endurance and 17 hours of video playback make a compelling case for the Galaxy S7, if they prove to be true.
Thanks for the tip, Sushi!
By Alexa on Feb 6, 2016 at 5:15 AM
- Galaxy Note 6 to land in the UK from the beginning, S7 edge+ not at all - Feb 6, 2016
- Samsung Z1 Tizen 2.4 update starts rolling out - Feb 6, 2016
- Samsung Galaxy S7 for T-Mobile benchmarked, Snapdragon 820 delivers - Feb 5, 2016
- Samsung Galaxy S7 said to last two days on a single charge - Feb 5, 2016
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) and Galaxy J5 (2016) pass Bluetooth SIG certification - Feb 5, 2016
- Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro spotted on GFXBench with 4GB of RAM and a 16MP camera - Feb 6, 2016
- Samsung Closing In On Apple In The Us - Feb 9, 2016
- New Verizon Galaxy Note 4 Update Brings Performance Optimizations And Latest Security Fixes - Feb 9, 2016
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Leaks In Its First Live Shot - Feb 9, 2016
- Galaxy S7 Will Have Always On Display, Trademark Filing Implies - Feb 9, 2016
- Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) and Galaxy Tab A with Android 7.1.1 on board spotted in benchmarks - Sep 19, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy On Nxt gets Nougat update - Sep 19, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 GFXBench outing reveals octa-core CPU, Android 7.1.1 Nougat - Sep 19, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy S8 spotted running Android 8.0 Oreo - Sep 16, 2017
- Samsung Pay launch in France seems imminent - Sep 13, 2017