Another day, another Nexus leak. This time around we're treated to what is purported to be the first leaked image showing the #LG #Nexus 5X in black.
This reportedly is a shot of an internal slide from the Korean company, and it reveals that the codename for the new Nexus by LG was Project N3. That kind of makes sense, since this would be the third Nexus that LG's made. As with the pictures of the white model, the fingerprint sensor is in the same location underneath the camera, while the LED flash and the laser autofocus are both on the same side of it.
Alongside this shot, we also get another round of rumored specs for the Nexus 5X. It's said to come with a 5.2-inch 1080p touchscreen, a 12.3 MP rear camera, a 5 MP selfie snapper, Qualcomm's Snapdragon 808 chipset at the helm (with a hexa-core CPU), 2GB of RAM, 32 or 64GB of storage, and a 2,700 mAh battery. Support for LTE Cat.6 will be built-in apparently, which means maximum theoretical download speeds of 300Mbps, and 50Mbps uploads.
The software will obviously be Android 6.0 Marshmallow, as the Nexus 5X will be one of the two handsets that version will debut on (with the much talked about Huawei Nexus phablet being the other). The two devices are expected to become official on September 29 at a special event, though Google hasn't sent out any invites yet.
Of course you should have had a grain of salt nearby for this, as it's nothing but a rumor. However, it's one that corroborates the design of the phone that was leaked before as well as most of the specs.
Source (in Italian) | Via (in Italian)
By Ville on Sep 8, 2015 at 9:15 PM
- Pre-orders for LG and Huawei Nexus phones to start on October 13 - Sep 8, 2015
- New Nexus 5 (2015) leak shows the phone from a new angle - Sep 8, 2015
- LG G4 Pro/Note tipped to come with a plastic body and removable battery - Sep 5, 2015
- LG Nexus 5X to launch on September 29 priced at $400 - Sep 5, 2015
- LG G4 Pro/Note could be released on October 10 - Sep 5, 2015
- New LG Nexus 5 leaks in mint attire - Sep 16, 2015
- LG H740 is an upcoming mid-range phablet, benchmark reveals - Sep 16, 2015
- LG phones in Korea reportedly have razor-thin margins - Sep 17, 2015
- Report says competition forcing LG to cut prices of its high-end smartphones - Sep 17, 2015
- Metal-clad LG Class phablet to become official on September 21 - Sep 17, 2015
- LG publishes preliminary earnings for Q3 2017 - Oct 10, 2017
- LG highlights key bits of the V30 UX on video: AOD, camera, Game Tools - Sep 3, 2017
- LG V20 again drops to $350 in US - Aug 31, 2017
- LG V30 livestream starting soon, watch it here - Aug 31, 2017
- V30 to offer audio features 'unseen in a smartphone before,' LG says [Updated] - Aug 28, 2017