Last month Marshmallow got past 10% market share for the first time. And now a new State of Android report is available from Google. As you'd expect, Marshmallow just kept on growing. It's now 13.3% of the Android pie, up 3.2% in a month or so.
That said, it's still unfortunately nowhere near Lollipop or KitKat in terms of distribution. The two Lollipop releases still have 35.1% of the market combined, while KitKat's share is 30.1%. Both are down slightly, but not by enough to actually make a big difference - at this rate, Marshmallow won't be the most widespread version of Android for at least another half year.
For some reason there still are devices out there, actively being used, with ancient Android releases such as Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread, or even Froyo installed. The user experience for any of these iterations of the OS has to be abysmal in 2016, but people are sticking to what they have.
Froyo is thankfully almost extinct, but Gingerbread still accounts for 1.9% of the Android market, and Ice Cream Sandwich for 1.7%. Jelly Bean is at 17.8% and shows no signs of dying anytime soon - it's got more market share than Marshmallow actually.
Source | Via
By M0YAL on Jul 13, 2016 at 2:57 AM
- Google could be redesigning the navigation buttons for Android N - Jun 24, 2016
- Android's new Nearby feature notifies you of useful stuff based on your location - Jun 10, 2016
- SanDisk announces new Dual Drive USB Type-C flash drives - Jun 2, 2016
- Intel announces the 10-core i7-6950X Extreme Edition CPU - May 31, 2016
- T-Mobile sells most smartphones of any other carrier in the US in Q1 - May 31, 2016
- Chinese consortium's $1.2B Opera acquisition fails - Jul 18, 2016
- Yahoo is being acquired by Verizon for $5 billion - Jul 25, 2016
- we are an OS company - Cyanogen CEO - Jul 26, 2016
- Amazon Prime now in India - Jul 26, 2016
- Android 7.0 Nougat could be release as soon as next month - Jul 30, 2016
- Razer is going to announce something on Nov 1, and it could be a smartphone - Oct 12, 2017
- Android Pay passes 1,000 supported financial institutions - Oct 3, 2017
- MediaTek likely to launch entry segment chipset with 18:9 support at IMC - Sep 27, 2017
- Android Oreo update for Essential Phone coming soon - Sep 19, 2017
- Understanding HDR: cameras and displays - Sep 17, 2017
direct me to frp Dec 8, 2016