Purported specifications of the unannounced Microsoft Lumia 640 made the rounds online. Earlier today, the dual-SIM DTV variant of smartphone got caught in official regulatory paperwork in Brazil.
The Lumia 640 is tipped to pack Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 with quad-core CPU, 5” 720p display, 1GB of RAM, and 8GB of expandable storage. An 8.7MP main camera with 0.9MP front-facing snapper are also rumored. The former could be the same unit as the one fond in Nokia Lumia 920.
Full connectivity suite is also going to be present in the Lumia 640, headed by LTE and NFC. Wireless charging support via a dedicated back cover is also rumored.
Microsoft Lumia 640 could be priced around $275 when it launches. The mid-ranger is all but certain to debut during MWC in Barcelona.
By M0YAL on Feb 21, 2015 at 10:08 PM
- Microsoft has Lumia 635 with 1GB of RAM on the way - Feb 21, 2015
- The Lumia 640 could be Microsoft's next affordable Windows smartphone - Feb 21, 2015
- Nexus 9 LTE and dual-SIM Lumia 532 released in India - Feb 17, 2015
- XDA-Devs find way to install Windows 10 on any Lumia - Feb 14, 2015
- Microsoft’s touch-friendly Office shows great potential for Windows 10 apps - Feb 5, 2015
- Lumia 635 confirmed to come with 1GB RAM in select markets - Feb 23, 2015
- Microsoft jumps the gun on the Lumia 640 and 640 XL news post - Mar 1, 2015
- Microsoft releases MWC "highlight" reel - Mar 8, 2015
- Microsoft Lumia 640 full-res camera samples and benchmarks appear - Mar 9, 2015
- Microsoft is selling Xbox Music Pass for $31.41 on Pi Day - Mar 14, 2015
- Microsoft confirms Windows Phone is dead - Oct 9, 2017
- Xbox One X pre-orders are fastest selling ever for a Microsoft console - Aug 25, 2017
- MS Paint to be removed in the next Windows 10 update - Jul 25, 2017
- Fix for Windows 10 Mobile apps installation issue coming soon - Jul 21, 2017
- Latest Windows 10 Preview build finally takes steps to fix high DPI scaling issues - Jul 9, 2017