A few weeks after receiving its first update, the Tizen-powered Samsung Z3 smartphone - which was launched last month with 5-inch 720p Super AMOLED screen and a quad-core 1.3GHz processor- is getting another software update.
Weighing in at around 600MB, the update (which you can fetch through Samsung Smart Switch as it doesn't seem to be rolling OTA currently) doesn't bring any major changes - a few new icons have been added and there seems to be some change in the screen brightness (see the right hand portion of the image above).
For those who aren't in the know, the Z3 is the South Korean company's second smartphone running its home grown Tizen OS. The first one - dubbed Z1 - was launched back in January this year, and has been quite a success for the company. A recent report from market research firm Strategy Analytics revealed that Tizen has now overtaken BlackBerry OS to become the fourth largest mobile operating system in the world.
By Naveed Ali on Nov 6, 2015 at 4:58 AM
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 to offer ridiculously fast data speeds, faster charging - Sep 16, 2015
- Samsung’s first smartphone with a foldable display - Sep 16, 2015
- Rumored 18.4-inch Galaxy View tablet gets Bluetooth certified - Sep 16, 2015
- Report says Samsung's smartphone shipments will rise by just 0.95% this year - Sep 16, 2015
- Patents reveals designs for foldable Samsung smartphones - Sep 16, 2015
- Samsung Unveils the Latest Application Processor Exynos 8 Octa - Nov 10, 2015
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Feature's - Nov 15, 2015
- Galaxy A7 (2016) passes through the FCC with 3,300 mAh battery - Nov 29, 2015
- Galaxy A7 (2016) passes through the FCC with 3,300 mAh battery - Dec 1, 2015
- Samsung was top smartphone vendor last quarter - Dec 20, 2015
- Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) and Galaxy Tab A with Android 7.1.1 on board spotted in benchmarks - Sep 19, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy On Nxt gets Nougat update - Sep 19, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 GFXBench outing reveals octa-core CPU, Android 7.1.1 Nougat - Sep 19, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy S8 spotted running Android 8.0 Oreo - Sep 16, 2017
- Samsung Pay launch in France seems imminent - Sep 13, 2017
- Exclusive: Samsung to start rolling out Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update to Galaxy Note 4.. - Jun 2, 2015
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Value Edition gets Android 5.1.1Samsung is rolling out an Android update - Jun 29, 2015
- Samsung starts rolling out January security update - Jan 26, 2016
- Samsung Z1 Tizen 2.4 update starts rolling out - Feb 6, 2016
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update starts rolling out to Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ - Feb 24, 2016