Back in January, Oppo quietly filed a patent for a UI feature. A tipster has found such a patent that will automatically adapt to the user’s clothing color and calculate the correct color to change the UI’s theme to.
Many phones today are available in very neutral colors perhaps for this reason: black, white, silver, or gold might match with any outfit. Oppo wants to take it a step further and incorporate a phone’s UI theme to match your outfit.
Details of the patent state that the phone would be able to take an image and analyze the colors of a piece of clothing. This RGB value would be calculated by averaging the colors found in the image. Then, a theme with a variably changing color will show a theme with new accent colors.
Would this kind of feature interest you? Anybody can do this even today if you buy a bunch of cheap cases of different colors. You can pop off a case, and snap on another color that matches your outfit for the day.
It’s not known if such a feature will ever actually make it to smartphones any time soon, but Oppo found it necessary to patent the idea before another similarly phonetic company decides to go crazy with filing patents.
More recently, Oppo introduced a new lightning fast charging standard, capable of fully charging a 2,500mAh battery in about 15 minutes.
By M0YAL on Feb 24, 2016 at 10:16 AM
- Oppo introduces sensor-based image stabilization technology for mobiles - Feb 24, 2016
- Oppo announces Super VOOC - fully charging a battery in 15 minutes - Feb 24, 2016
- Oppo Said To Be Unveiling Next-gen Vooc Tech At Mwc 2016 - Feb 20, 2016
- Oppo A30 Is A Oneplus X Clone That Just Went Official In China - Feb 20, 2016
- Oppo F1 Plus image shows it differs in scale, not design - Jan 29, 2016
- Oppo to start manufacturing 1 million 4G phones a month in India - Mar 23, 2016
- New Oppo F1 Plus teaser hints at fingerprint reader - Mar 30, 2016
- Oppo F1 Plus global rollout begins, price set at €389 - Apr 5, 2016
- Oppo F1 Plus FC Barcelona Edition is official, is actually blue - May 30, 2016
- Rumor says three new Oppo devices (including a flagship) coming in June - May 31, 2016
- Oppo F5 launch markets officially confirmed - Oct 12, 2017
- October 26 unveiling confirmed for Oppo F5 - Oct 10, 2017
- Oppo R11 to be available outside China - Jun 18, 2017
- First flash sale saw green Oppo R9s selling out in just two minutes - Apr 4, 2017
- Oppo launches A57 selfie phone in India - Jan 31, 2017