Samsung took the smartphone industry by storm when it unleashed the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge at MWC earlier this month. After years of focusing more on ergonomics than on the design side of things, the Korean manufacturer unveiled two beautiful and modern looking smartphones that got even naysayers to start singing praises of Samsung’s new flagship lineup. There has been huge demand and interest from consumers (though not everyone is happy), and the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge look like they will be immense hits that the competition will find hard to match.
In terms of hardware, the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge are pretty much the same devices, but the S6 edge is considerably better when it comes to the design, thanks to a screen that curves to both sides. The phone looks as futuristic as a smartphone can look, but apart from a more visually appealing design and some additional functionality as a result of the curved display, the Galaxy S6 edge doesn’t really offer anything over the Galaxy S6 to truly warrant the higher price and the license to boast about owning such an attractive smartphone.
The team here at SamMobile is unanimously in love with the Galaxy S6 edge, and judging by most of the comments on the site, it looks like the edgy Galaxy S6 variant is the phone that most consumers will pick up if given the chance. But it’s something we wanted to ask our readers instead of jumping to a conclusion: Which of the two devices are you looking to buy when the duo goes on sale starting April 10? What are the reasons that would drive you towards either phone, and what are your general thoughts about Samsung’s latest and greatest flagship offerings?
Sound off in the comments below, and don’t forget to check out our hands-on preview of the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge (we’re working on a full review of the Galaxy S6 edge, and you can expect it go live within the next couple of weeks.)
By M0YAL on Mar 29, 2015 at 1:11 AM
- Firmware Updates: Galaxy S4 Active, Galaxy Note Edge, Galaxy S4 LTE - Mar 29, 2015
- Galaxy S6 dual-SIM headed to China, photos leak - Mar 29, 2015
- Samsung building a foldable phone, LG on transparent screens - Mar 24, 2015
- Galaxy Tab S 10.5 gets Android 5.0.2, France is first - Mar 23, 2015
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Duos pops up in Russian online store - Mar 23, 2015
- Galaxy S6 Experience gets you a little closer to the new Samsung - Mar 29, 2015
- T-Mobile releases Galaxy S6, S6 edge update - Mar 29, 2015
- Verizon reissues Lollipop update for Galaxy S5 - Mar 29, 2015
- Samsung Z1 gets another OTA update - Mar 30, 2015
- Android 5.1 might bring new TouchWiz to Galaxy Note 4 - Mar 30, 2015
- Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) and Galaxy Tab A with Android 7.1.1 on board spotted in benchmarks - Sep 19, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy On Nxt gets Nougat update - Sep 19, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 GFXBench outing reveals octa-core CPU, Android 7.1.1 Nougat - Sep 19, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy S8 spotted running Android 8.0 Oreo - Sep 16, 2017
- Samsung Pay launch in France seems imminent - Sep 13, 2017
Xiaomi MI2 Color oS - Android 4.2.2 Jul 26, 2017
Apple iOS 8.4.1 update kills TaiG's jailbreak tool Aug 16, 2015