Alphabet just released its Q4 2015 earnings today which shot the stock prices of both Stock A and Stock C up to about $750-$780. Alphabet is now the most valuable company in the world, surpassing Apple’s position in the ranks.
With Apple’s earning beginning to show plateauing over earnings from the year before, Google stole the show, showing great numbers of growth. Investors are going crazy buying more stock which drove the price up this afternoon.
Alphabet’s Year-over-Year revenues are increasing, which means its growth is actually growing exponentially. Revenues went up 24% from the 12% the year before.
The majority of Google’s revenue is from ads, and while the number of ad clicks have gone up 31%, the cost per click has gone down 13 percent. Don’t be fooled. This means the company still made more money on ads!
During the sales call, the company also announced that it has more than 1 billion active monthly Gmail users. Google now joins Facebook and What’s App who also have more than 1 billion active monthly users worldwide.
Source | Via
By xTreme on Feb 1, 2016 at 11:12 PM
- MediaTek confirms bug that affects Android devices running its chipsets - Jan 30, 2016
- MediaTek to bring LTE to everyone with three ultra-affordable new chipsets - Jan 26, 2016
- Alleged vivo Xplay5S benchmark listing reveals 5.5-inch QHD display - Jan 26, 2016
- Skype Translator Can Now Translate In 7 Different Languages - Jan 21, 2016
- Another SD820-powered Windows Phone device spotted on GFXBench - Jan 13, 2016
- MediaTek Helio X20 allegedly plagued by overheating issues - Feb 3, 2016
- Helio X20 doesn't overheat, CPU enters octa-core Cortex-A53 mode past a certain temperature - Feb 3, 2016
- Counterpoint: India becomes world's second-largest smartphone market, surpasses US - Feb 3, 2016
- Apple asks Supreme Court not to take up Samsung's appeal - Feb 5, 2016
- VAIO announces Windows 10-powered Phone Biz with 5.5-inch display, 3GB RAM - Feb 5, 2016
- Razer is going to announce something on Nov 1, and it could be a smartphone - Oct 12, 2017
- Android Pay passes 1,000 supported financial institutions - Oct 3, 2017
- MediaTek likely to launch entry segment chipset with 18:9 support at IMC - Sep 27, 2017
- Android Oreo update for Essential Phone coming soon - Sep 19, 2017
- Understanding HDR: cameras and displays - Sep 17, 2017