Xiaomi just revealed its flagship Mi 5 smartphone and amazed everyone at the Mobile World Congress with its affordability. There are three versions of the phone, which is geared towards the Chinese market, and will start at just $306 (CNY 2000).
For that price, you get Snapdragon 820 chipset, 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. If you want 64GB of internal storage, the price goes up to $352 (CNY 2300). Finally, the Xiaomi Mi 5 Pro with ceramic back will have 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage for the price of $413 (CNY 2700).
Pre-orders for the Xiaomi Mi 5 are currently open in China and the release date for the device is March 1. Currently, there's no official information whether the company will sell the device outside China.
By Lilly on Feb 24, 2016 at 11:15 AM
- Xiaomi announces Mi 5 at MWC 2016 - Feb 24, 2016
- Xiaomi announces Mi 4s in China - Feb 24, 2016
- Xiaomi could announce Mi 4S alongside Mi 5 - Feb 24, 2016
- Watch the Xiaomi Mi 5 launch event here - Feb 24, 2016
- Xiaomi skyrocketed number of wearables sold in 2015 - Feb 24, 2016
- Watch just how good is the new Xiaomi Mi5's OIS - Feb 24, 2016
- Xiaomi unveils curved 65" Mi TV 3S with 4K Samsung screen - Mar 23, 2016
- Android 6.0 based MIUI China stable ROM available for Mi 3/Mi 4 - Mar 24, 2016
- Xiaomi Mi 5 video review - Mar 27, 2016
- Watch the ceramic back of the Xiaomi Mi 5 take a lot of abuse in this official stress test - Mar 30, 2016
- Xiaomi launches Mi Mix 2 flagship in India - Oct 10, 2017
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 live image leaked with 18:9 full screen - Oct 9, 2017
- Xiaomi Mi Band HRX Edition launched - Sep 16, 2017
- Xiaomi Mi 5X gets a stable Android One ROM port - Sep 13, 2017
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 now available in limited edition Lake Blue - Sep 3, 2017