ZTE announced two new entry-level additions to its US smartphone portfolio at its CES press conference. Neither the ZTE Grand X 3 for Cricket Wireless nor ZTE Avid Plus for T-Mobile and MetroPCS will impress you with their specs, but they both come at attractive off-contract prices.
The Grand X 3 packs a 5.5” 720p screen and a Snapdragon 210 with 1.3GHz quad-core CPU and 2GB of RAM to keep things going. It has an 8MP camera at the back and a 2MP front one, while its 16GB storage is expandable via a microSD slot. Android 5.1 Lollipop is in charge or operations.
A 3,080 mAh removable battery powers the Grand X 3 and it should last quite a while given the modest hardware at hand. You get a USB Type-C reversible port - a feature normally reserved for more expensive smartphones.
The ZTE Grand X 3 will be available shortly on Cricket Wireless in the US for $130 without a contract.
The ZTE Avid Plus is even more compact, coming with a 5” FWVGA (854x480px) LCD. It’s powered by a Snapdragon 210 chipset with 1.1GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 CPU and 1GB of RAM. The 8GB of built-in storage are once again expandable thanks to the presence of a card slot.
The Avid Plus has a 5MP camera at the back and a 2MP one at the front. Android 5.1 Lollipop is once again ZTE’s platform of choice even if Marshmallow is more than a few months old now. At least battery life should be decent with a 2,300 mAh juice pack.
The ZTE Avid Plus will be available at T-Mobile on January 20 and shortly after to MetroPCS. It will retail for $115 off contract.
By M0YAL on Jan 6, 2016 at 11:01 AM
- ZTE announces international expansion for its Nubia brand - Jan 5, 2016
- ZTE Axon Elite goes global - Sep 5, 2015
- ZTE outlines plans for IFA, global flagship Axon is the centerpiece - Sep 1, 2015
- ZTE unveils V3 variants with aluminum body starting $160 - Jul 29, 2015
- ZTE Axon gets official for the US with top specs, $449.98 price tag - Jul 14, 2015
- ZTE Blade D Lux debuts in Vietnam and Singapore - Jan 12, 2016
- ZTE Nubia Z11 and Nubia X8 renders leak - Jan 12, 2016
- The Nubia Z11 might be a no-show at ZTE's January 18 event - Jan 13, 2016
- Zte Sets Date For Mwc Press Conference - February 21 - Feb 16, 2016
- Zte's Tease Suggests A Phone Announcement At Mwc 2016 - Feb 19, 2016
- ZTE Blade X launches exclusively at Cricket for $119.99 - Saturday at 9:51 AM
- ZTE Axon M foldable phone found on Geekbench - Oct 10, 2017
- ZTE nubia Z17 8GB RAM versions go on pre-order - Aug 22, 2017
- ZTE Blade A6 Lite receives WiFi certification - Jul 18, 2017
- ZTE Blade Spark is a $99 smartphone with a fingerprint scanner - Jul 16, 2017